Do you want to earn your fame online? Do you want to be someone whose vlogs are just the next big thing in the world? If yes, you need to know how to start a vlog. And when it comes to vlogging, there is nothing better than YouTube to give you a launch pad for your success. Do you know how to set up a YouTube blog? If yes, then don’t waste your time and create one right now. If not, then this article is just for you. YouTube is a video network that boasts of over a billion users and has over a third of internet users worldwide. And this can be the treasure that you have still not explored to earn wealth and fame. Let’s unlock this treasure for you now by learning how to set up a YouTube blog.
How to create a YouTube channel?
- The first step is to create a Google account. Go to google.com or gmail.com and create a free account for yourself. Once you have a mailbox ready, you are prepared to understand how to start a vlog.
- Go to YouTube and sign in. Having a Google account does not ensure having a YouTube account as well.
- Use the Gmail credentials to sign in to YouTube.
- And now it starts the actual steps to learn how to set up a YouTube blog. Go to the top right corner of the screen and click on your profile icon. Click the “Settings” icon that displays as a cog.
- Under the settings drop-down menu, you will find “Create a channel” link. Click it.
- You can select the channel type as either “Personal” or “Business.”
And lo behold! Your YouTube channel is ready, and it is time for you to come up with some kind YouTube video ideas. Creating YouTube videos is an art, an art that you’ll have to lead through your creativity. Make sure you are aware of the technical know-how of producing videos that’ll find its viewership in an audience of all kinds. Let’s see a detailed understanding of the concept below.
YouTube channel art
The Facebook cover photo is something similar to YouTube channel art. It is a piece of graphic that must attract users to your channel.
- Get a customized channel art, which speaks solely about you and cannot be copied by others.
- The channel art must be of 2560 x 1440 pixels image.
- The minimum width is 2048 x 1152 pixels, which is the safe area. The maximum width is 2560 x 423 pixels.
- Keep the channel art within 4 MB.
Vital tips on how to start a vlog
- The text and logo must be within the safe area of 1546 x 423 pixels.
- Include channel links at the bottom right corner of your channel art.
- At the end of your videos, keep encouraging the viewers to subscribe to your channels to get regular updates.
- Keep communicating with the viewers through also possible means to keep them engaged.
- It is how you can not only set your YouTube blog but also make it famous over time.